Your Contribution is appreciated...Use the Paypal link below

You can donate in two ways. First, by using the Paypal link above. Or, you may send a check or money order made out to the Swain County Public Schools Foundation. All proceeds will go to the Swain County Public Schools Foundation no matter which way you choose to donate. The Swain County Public Schools Foundation is a non profit, 501(c)3, tax deductible foundation. You may make your check payable to "Swain County Public Schools Foundation", send it to this address
155 West Ridge Dr. Bryson City, NC 28713
and the Foundation can send you a receipt. Thank you very much.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 10 morning break



Had an opportunity to post during a quick rest stop to stretch. I really like mornings when the miles are so much easier. Listening to the Zune this morning and trying to go a little slower and smoother. Yesterday afternoon hurt. Pulled in about 7 pm to the sound of fish jumping and an osprey warning me away from her nest. Not only was I hot and tired, but my upper back/neck just can't seem to loosen up. I end up paddling for about 5 minutes and have to stop and stretch a little. Then it's on again. Trying to not move my neck side to side and concentrate on relaxing my shoulders and not hunching helps, but the burn and tightness continues. I keep hoping it won't get worse. Every morning, I get up and it feels pretty good, so thats a good sign. Might have to slow down and even take some time off. Also, my forearm started feeling some tightness too. The top, going into my hand/thumb. A little tendonitist I'm sure. Doesn't hurt, just isn't right. Ibuprofen, water and rest is probably what is needed. I'll see where today takes me and how it all holds up. 8 miles so far and, as I said, it feels good so far this morning.
So, the important stuff. What did I eat last night? First, found my beef jerky I had dehydrated before I left. Awesome discovery. Ate about 4 sticks of that. For dinner I had couscous with chik peas, a little dried tomato and onion, and mixed veggies. Not bad at all. Couldnt eat it all so the fish had theirs too. For dessert, Chocolate pudding and coffee. By that time I was ready to lay down. Read for a bit.."Angels and Demons" First time is several days I had the energy to do that. Went to sleep around 10 pm. Up again this morning at 4:30 and felt great.
Since I'm in Alabama now, I actually got up at 3:30...ouch. I'm not changing my watch. Don't think my brain could handle that early, even thought the body is feeling good wtih it.
Playlists this morning...started off with some Coldplay - Parachutes. Then listened to Debra Arlyn...a Oregon artist who I found on Garageband.com. Check that out. She's pretty good. Lastly, the Doors. Great losing myself in Riders on the Storm for awhile.
Need to stretch so I'll try to post laster tonight. Another 95 degree day and 100 heat index awaits.

No comments: