Your Contribution is appreciated...Use the Paypal link below

You can donate in two ways. First, by using the Paypal link above. Or, you may send a check or money order made out to the Swain County Public Schools Foundation. All proceeds will go to the Swain County Public Schools Foundation no matter which way you choose to donate. The Swain County Public Schools Foundation is a non profit, 501(c)3, tax deductible foundation. You may make your check payable to "Swain County Public Schools Foundation", send it to this address
155 West Ridge Dr. Bryson City, NC 28713
and the Foundation can send you a receipt. Thank you very much.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Recharging to Sale Creek

\

Short entry thismorning. Yesterday did 20 miles with 8 in the morning. Stopped at Blue Water Marina for needed electronics recharging, me recharging and good conversation with the guy who runs the place. The place was like a throw back to the 70's with shower house and a front porch with a porch swing and ceiling fan. Loved it. Thunderstorms were in the area but had passed by around 4 pm. I headed off again, not really knowing how far I'd go. Twelve miles down I found Sale Creek Marina. It was filled wiht sail boats of all kinds. A few had full time residents, obviously living there instead of renting a house. Met Arte, the owner, a nice, grey haired gentleman with an accent I couldnt quite place. He said no problem to sleepiing there. Had a picnic table under a roof and a ceiling fan to keep a breeze going and the bugs away. NICE.
Dinner was some of my own Chili I had dehydrated which turned out quite goood. After talking with Arte, and 2 boys who were staying with him, about sailing and boats for awhile, it was off to shower and sleep. My second shower of the day. Luxury!
Late start this morning on my way to Chattanooga. Its about 25 miles. Still have a nagging muscle in my back that shoots pain if I turn the wrong way while paddling. You know, that muscle between the shoulder blades...(trapezius, rhomboid and erector spinai)..DrPilch would be proud. Hope it will loosen up soon.
All for now. Its 8 30 and starting to heat up. Oh, in the pics you'll see these may fly like bugs. When I paddle next to the docks and some trees, they literally swarm all over me. Startled me the first time. Harmless, but big. Glad they don't bite. Enjoy

No comments: