Your Contribution is appreciated...Use the Paypal link below

You can donate in two ways. First, by using the Paypal link above. Or, you may send a check or money order made out to the Swain County Public Schools Foundation. All proceeds will go to the Swain County Public Schools Foundation no matter which way you choose to donate. The Swain County Public Schools Foundation is a non profit, 501(c)3, tax deductible foundation. You may make your check payable to "Swain County Public Schools Foundation", send it to this address
155 West Ridge Dr. Bryson City, NC 28713
and the Foundation can send you a receipt. Thank you very much.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Sell the boat, or send it back to Clipper with a Thank You














It's time to say goodbye to a friend. My boat for this great project has to go back to it's owner, or find a new one. I spoke to Clipper President, Marvin Bayes, yesterday about the Sea-1 I used for the trip. They truly stepped up and helped the project become a reality. Without their support and sponsorship, it might not have happened. For that, I'm grateful, but I do wish I could keep it.

Now, my options are I can either send it back, or buy it,or sell it. So, for the next month, I'll try to sell it. If it doesn't sell, I'll ship it back to Clipper.

Retail price for the Sea-1 (See Clipper - Sea-1 Specs here) is $2954 US. Add another $400 for the price for the skirt and total retail comes to $3354. Shipping to NC cost me around $360. In total, to get the boat here to NC costs $3684. In speaking with the Pres of Clipper, Mr. Bayes, he is asking $2799 for the boat and skirt. I'm asking....$2,600. The price will save you cost of shipping and the skirt. So, HUGE SAVINGS for who ever steps up.

Clipper has one mold for the Sea-1 and they make about 1 boat per month. If your looking to buy one, it may take several months to get yours so this will also save you the wait time.

If you looking for a high performance, solo expedition boat, I don't think there is a better one out there. According to Clipper Pres, Marvin, the Sea-1 took top honors at the Yukon 360 and has shown it's performance value at many other ultra marathon races and events. For me, the boat was unbelievably comfortable and fast. Sitting in it for 10-16 hours for 28 days was no problem. Packing everything I needed, including food and water...again, no problem.

Here's a link to another owner review and comparison. He also owns the similar boat by Kruger and has a great comparison of them side by side. He has raced in the Yukon race and gives a very detailed run-down and review of both boats.
http://teambumbazer.com/bumming/seawindvssea1.html

The boat is in great condition still. Looks great too. It does have some scratches and dings, but after 1,000 miles, it still looks great. Take a look at the pics and if your interested, drop me an email. (wrhester(at)gmail.com) We can talk on the phone after that and I'll answer any questions you have.
Again, I'm selling it so I don't have to ship it. If it doesn't sell, I'll send it back with a thank you. If I could keep it, I would.

No comments: