Your Contribution is appreciated...Use the Paypal link below

You can donate in two ways. First, by using the Paypal link above. Or, you may send a check or money order made out to the Swain County Public Schools Foundation. All proceeds will go to the Swain County Public Schools Foundation no matter which way you choose to donate. The Swain County Public Schools Foundation is a non profit, 501(c)3, tax deductible foundation. You may make your check payable to "Swain County Public Schools Foundation", send it to this address
155 West Ridge Dr. Bryson City, NC 28713
and the Foundation can send you a receipt. Thank you very much.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Press Release: Julie @ Willowworks

http://www.prlog.org/10243727-son-to-paddle-1100-miles-in-honor-of-new-iberia-military-and-nish-educator-hero-the-late-kl-hester.html
Son to Paddle 1100 Miles in Honor of New Iberia Military and NISH Educator Hero, the late K.L Hester

A big thanks to Julie Thorner of Willowworks Marketing for the help in writing and sending out the press release. Hopefully the New Iberia, LA paper, the Daily Iberian will pick it up, along with others who find it interesting.
New Iberia is where I grew up and my dad taught high school so my hope is to get some exposure and connect with many of our old friends and colleagues.

On the paddling and prep front, all is going well. Food packing and dehydrating is coming along. Hawk Vittles meals arrived and look like they will be awesome. I've got a few meals and additions still to get ready but I feel a lot better about my food situation. Planning on between 3,000 - 3,500 calories a day. There should be places along the way to supplement with bread and such too. My wife is a bit worried about me eating enough and I try to reassure her. I'm not a big guy...weigh about 145 on a good day so I can't afford to not eat enough. Bought water purification drops and a new filter cartridge for my Sweetwater filter. Lost my new sunglasses..found em. Did manage to get out for a few hours this past weekend with absolutely beautiful weather. Made me hope that the mild weather holds for a bit longer. So, at this point I feel pretty good about the prep. Starting to get antsy about getting the show on the water.
7 am, Saturday, June 13th!
Last thing....DONATE! Its easy and is not only painless, it makes you feel good!

No comments: